Details have been revealed for a Christmas lights switch-on event at a city shopping centre. Taking place on November 23, the Waterside Shopping Centre lights switch-on will feature a wide range of attractions and entertainment on the upper floor.
Visitors will be able to meet Lincoln City players, get free glitter tattoos or face paint and enjoy special performances from various groups. It will also be the first late-night shopping date, where the centre will be open until 8.00pm.
The evening’s entertainment will commence at 5.30pm with the centre lights being turned on at 7.15pm. This all takes place on the same night as the Lincoln City Centre Light Switch-On. Mary-Jane Booth, centre manager at the Waterside Shopping Centre, said: “We’re excited to bring the Lincoln Christmas Lights Switch On back to the heart of the city.
“It’s a time to come together, share the Christmas spirit, and make memories with family and friends.” Lincoln City Centre’s only Santa’s Grotto opens on November 25 up until Christmas Eve at the shopping centre.
Full list of attractions
- Lincoln City players’ interviews and autograph signings from: Danny Mandroiu, Ethan Erhahon, Ali Smith, Jaden Brown, Ethan Hamilton, Alex Mitchell
- Panto stars from the Drill Hall (Jamie Marcus productions) performing Peter Pan.
- Free glitter tattoos and face painting by Lollipops from 5.30pm to 7.30pm.
- Princess stilt walkers from Guiding Sparks.
- Balloon modelling by Mr Twists.
- Santa and his elves will be on site for interviews at this year’s Grotto.
- Performances by Lincolnshire Hospitals Band and Stagecoach.
- Stands from organisations like Lincoln Arts Centre, Lincoln City Foundation, St Barnabas, and
- A special mini carol concert by Lincoln Arts Centre to promote their Christmas show, “A Christmas Carol.”