A new schedule of hosts and shows has been unveiled by BBC Radio Lincolnshire. Broadcasters will be moving around the timetable between Lincolnshire and Humberside stations from October 23.
Many will be familiar voices to listeners already. Katrina Bunker, senior head of production for BBC Yorkshire and Lincolnshire, said: “I’m really proud of the new line-up for East Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.
“We’ve got some terrific broadcasters who care passionately about the areas they serve. I know they’ll be great champions for local communities and will love entertaining and being at the heart of the local conversation.”
As part of cuts to local programming, all 39 BBC local radio stations will share 18 afternoon programmes from 2pm on weekdays. Despite the changes, relevant news bulletins will continue on local stations.
Lincolnshire breakfast listeners can expect Scott Dalton to stick around, though Carla Greene will be moving to the daytime slot of 10am until 2pm at BBC Radio Humberside, in her home city of Hull. Frances Finn will take over the daytime slot on BBC Radio Lincolnshire from Mondays through Thursdays, with Sean Dunderdale covering the Friday show and Saturdays and Sundays on both Lincs and Humberside.
Humberside presenter Richard Stead, who will take over the afternoon show across both stations, said: “I’m passionate about local radio and am excited about sharing some great stories on BBC Radio Humberside and BBC Radio Lincolnshire. I know there is so much affection from the audiences for both stations and I feel fortunate to be able to speak to them every day.”
The full schedule is as follows:
Breakfast, 6am until 10am
- BBC Radio Humberside: Kofi Smiles
- BBC Radio Lincolnshire: Scott Dalton
Weekday daytime slot, 10am until 2pm
- BBC Radio Humberside Carla Greene
- BBC Radio Lincolnshire: Frances Finn (Monday through Thursday) and Sean Dunderdale on Fridays
Afternoon, 2pm until 6pm
- BBC Radio Humberside and BBC Radio Lincolnshire: Richard Stead
Evenings, 7pm until 10pm
- Daily local sport from 6pm until 7pm
- Monday: conversation and music for South Asian communities with Arzu Dutta
- Tuesday: sport or Bek Homer (coastal communities)
- Wednesday: sport or John Kane (Northern Soul)
- Thursday: BBC Upload from 7pm until 8pm, followed by BBC Music Introducing with Jericho Keys on Radio Humberside and Dean Jackson on Radio Lincolnshire until 10pm
- Friday: conversation and music for African and Caribbean communities with Sile Sibanda
Weekends on both Radio Humberside and Lincolnshire
- Breakfast: Fiona Mills
- Daytimes: Sean Dunderdale
- Saturday afternoon: local sport
- Sunday afternoon: Sarah-Jane Honeywell